I think it’s the rain.
I just haven’t been feeling myself the past couple weeks. It has truly been the rainiest few weeks. To be honest, I’m a little down in the dumps. I don’t usually like to unload on this blog but let’s face it… we all have these kind of days sometimes. I do want to be real.
My solution to feeling better? Take a break. Have a nap. Go for a walk. Or like I did the other day, clear my desk of all the must-dos and just create for fun. When I just want to let go, I usually get into the paint. I love a messy, shabby look. Paint on my fingers…bring it on!
So while I was creating with paint and lots of this and that, I remembered the latest Moxie Fab World Challenge….texture! Perfect! Texture is my thing, baby! So I’m linking this project to the Textured to Perfection Challenge. There’s still time to play along! Why not join me here?
- corrugated cardboard die cut
- Glass glitter texture
- Distress Crackle Paint
- Canvas banner and roses
- fabric brad
One of the things I’m excited about on this card is the rolled roses. Here’s how I created them…
Making Canvas Roses
- Cut two pieces of sticky back canvas to 5″x5.5″ and adhere backs together.
- Die cut double-sided canvas with 3D Rose die.
- Roll rose up around a small paintbrush end or other narrow tool.
- Adhere flower onto the base with a hot glue gun.
- Mist canvas flower with Glimmer Mist.
Enjoy your day!