Have you ever tried a mini canvas project?
They are fast becoming one of my favorite creative projects right now. I like to create them in the 4×4″ or 6×6″ sizes which makes them card-size or a little larger. It’s the perfect place to experiment with different techniques and I adore adding on the layers to create them.
Today’s canvas is 6×6 in size and was a super fun project to create. I used the Yellow Embellishment Kit that was recently featured on HSN along with a few other papers etc.
A few design notes…
- Layer on papers to create the background and then layer over a Printed Coffee Filter sheet
- Tear up the coffee filter sheet in places to add extra dimension and visual interest
- Adhere the papers and filter with Matte Multi-Medium
- The Saffron Yellow Twine cording wraps around the canvas to visually help tie it all together.
- Chipboard flowers and letters are colored with Copic markers for a quick and easy color-change. I love how it dries immediately compared to paint…and no mess!
- Edges of the canvas are wrapped with Coal Black Gingham Fabric Tape
And here’s a screen-shot of the project on HSN. Can you believe I’d never watched HSN before? It was so fun to see my projects there.
Thanks for stopping by!