2011 was an interesting and exciting year in our house. Most things were wonderful…a few experiences I’d just as soon not repeat again. I think every year is like that.
I learned a lot in 2011. Here’s a few…
- God answers prayer. I spent a lot of time on my knees this year. It’s a good place to be.
- Middle age isn’t so bad
- It’s important to buy the right bed and agony if you don’t
- Sometimes my plans and God’s plans for me don’t line up
- It’s pretty cool the first time you see your own paper in print
- That I CAN survive a 22 hour straight drive with four kids
- How to text…Never thought I’d turn into a texter but having two kids move out, well, it’s an easy way to stay in touch
- That I adore mini albums
- I need to slow down and smell the roses
- I love submitting but I don’t have to do it all
- Life can change things in a blink
- I couldn’t ask for a better husband
- That letting go as children grow up is so hard to do
- Floods in my craft room are not fun
- A smile brightens your day
- Pinterest is totally wonderful and addictive
- Never say never
- Good friends are priceless
While the rest are in no particular order, this first humble recycled cardboard mini album just may be my favorite of the year. I loved being able to get messy and just have fun with it. Lots of ink, lots of paint and tons of random goodies tells the story of me and what I like in 2011.
This banner started off with a Maya Road mini album that I covered with my Picket Fence line paper. It added a touch of spring to my home.
This teensy tiny album made out of playing cards was so crazy fun to create. It means a lot to me as it holds our entire family on it’s eight pages.
Bright colorful and fun with stamping and polka dots.
The crown card sketch was designed for a Paper Crafts sketch design call. I loved making it into a card with all my favorite goodies.
Shabby chic with paint and lots of texture. Not sure you could put it into an envelope but it’s pretty so who cares. 😉
I love creating layouts of my daughter. This layout using my Head Over Heels line talks about what she means to me.
I love the color combo on this card I created for my Mother-in-Law’s 70th birthday. It was inspired by odds and ends left on my desk. I knew there was a reason I don’t like to clean it.
Fabric, stitching and Maya Road goodies make me smile.
And finally, my favorite scrapbook page because the journaling means so much to me.
So what’s in store for 2012? I’m not too sure! I do have a few things up my sleeve. A new team I’m excited about, a new line to be released this month at CHA and 22 years after the fact…hubby and I are finally going on our “honeymoon”. I’ve set aside creative goals and I’m just going to enjoy creativity. I’m planning to find a little more balance and take better care of myself. Whatever else happens, I know that God’s plans for me are the best.
Thanks for bearing with me as I reminisce!
Do you take time to look back over the past year? Do you have goals for 2012? I’d love to hear them!
Have a beautiful day!