Change is good. Change is everywhere these days. Sometimes it’s not so fun. There’s been some companies folding and those that want to stay in business are doing some serious restructuring. The entire crafting industry is changing and it’s interesting to see how things will be. Seriously, I don’t think it’s entirely a bad thing. We may not like the transition but I do know that hard times do make us stronger. It makes us think of new ways to do things.
So. Where am I going with this? Changes are coming for me as well. I’m sure most of you know that I’ve been on staff with Cornish Heritage Farms for almost two years now. It’s been a fabulous job. I’ve grown, learned and stretched my abilities and gave it my all. Unfortunately due to the present economic climate, both Becky and I have been laid off. And that’s OK. While most companies are carrying massive debt, CHF’s policy is to not run with a deficit. And I respect that immensely. What does that mean for me? A lot of things actually. I’ll have a little more time on my hands. I’m going to spend more time with my family. Lots more. Yay! I’m looking to explore new creative outlets and possibilities. I’m excited because although the transition can be tough, I know God has something special in store for me.
I’ll be with CHF until next Friday, the 21st of August. I know this sounds quick but I’ve had lots of notice. Thanks so much Richard and Liz for the wonderful opportunity of working for CHF. It was always a joy, a challenge and a great experience.
So what will you be seeing here on my blog?
- You’ll still be seeing some CHF designs and stamping. I’m STILL designing stamps each month for release and I’m excited about that. Thanks Richard and Liz for this awesome opportunity. I love it. And yes…I’ll still be sharing some of that rubber with you.
- I’m going to have some fun with other paper crafting products and explore some different ideas and see where it leads
- I’m going to be part of a new team….you’ll have to wait for the details 😉
- I’ll still be writing for Craft Critique and sharing those reviews with you
- I’m still going to be designing freelance for publications
- I’ve been wanting to get back to scrapbooking. Becky has been nagging 😉 me for months and I’m really going to do it
- I’m going to finish off a couple Jessica Sprague courses and do some digital projects
- I’m going to practice my photography
- I’m going to blog a little less. Probably the same amount of projects…just blogged together instead of daily.
- ? Who knows!
I hope you’ll stay with me as I journey along.
Change is good.